The question isn’t what to do. It’s what to do first.
Louisville is a city where anything is possible.
Welcome to a city with its own unique brand of Southern hospitality. A city that is home to “The Greatest,” historic Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger, unique neighborhoods, the Urban Bourbon Experience, an internationally acclaimed culinary scene and so much more. If you’ve never been here, we’ve created a short bucket list of activities for our first-time visitors.
• Pick up your mini bat after a factory tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory.
• Enjoy our official cocktail, the Old Fashioned at one of our stops on the Urban Bourbon Trail. Being poured locally since the 1880s, this drink is steeped with Louisville history and spirits.
• Sample the classic Hot Brown, an open-faced sandwich first served at Louisville’s Brown Hotel.
• Cruise back in time on the Belle of Louisville, the oldest operating Mississippi-style steamboat in the United States.
• Go for a distillery tour and tasting and be part of the one-and-only Urban Bourbon Experience.
• Snap a picture of yourself boxing with “The Greatest” at the Muhammad Ali Center.
• Zip-line underground at the Louisville Mega Cavern.
• Spend a day at Churchill Downs racetrack and tour the Kentucky Derby Museum for the Derby experience, 365 days a year.
• Walk across the Big Four Bridge to get the best view of the city.
• Tour the exhibits or attend an event at the brand new Speed Art Museum.